Loading...

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

88. Beyond Promoting My Written Works

88. Beyond Promoting My Written Works

Written by Living Buddha Lian-sheng, Sheng-yen Lu
Translated by Tywui
Edited by Dance Smith
Proofread by Jessie

Chapter 88: Beyond Promoting My Written Works

I have this frequent notion: as long as the correct dharma is still being practiced, the Buddha`s teachings and dharma shall be perpetuated forever. As long as future generations continue to practice this correct dharma and subsequently realize enlightenment, the dharma of the Buddha will naturally reveal itself in this Saha world.

The reason why I am continuously writing books - and I have never stopped writing - is that I have realized enlightenment through practicing the correct dharma, and I want to propagate the holy truth. Based on my experiences in cultivation, I want to disseminate the truth everywhere through pen and paper.

So promoting my works is a necessity: this is the only way in which my teachings can spread. By promoting my works, more people will know the correct dharma; people all over the world will obtain the benefits of the correct dharma. Therefore, when we promote my works, we should maintain them, or even protect them from distortion.

Presently, the works of Living Buddha Lian-sheng are published in Chinese, English, German, Bahasa Indonesian, and Portuguese, etc. Regardless of whether they are in Chinese or any other language, the translation and publication are the earnest efforts of volunteer disciples. These translations and publications should not be taken as the private property of any group or person [other than the original author].

Regardless of whether translations were done in the past or are being done at the present moment, they are the result of everyone`s respect for, and practice of, the correct dharma. In addition, we must respect the person who wrote the correct dharma by observing his intellectual property rights. Therefore, Grand Master is the copyright owner of these works and the resulting translations. This is an important prerequisite for all disciples who earnestly wish to have the right to translate my works.

For the promotion of my works and the promulgation of the Buddhadharma, and to prevent the warping and distortion of the `priceless treasure`, it is only justified and unavoidable to seek to defend the original author`s rights as a means of quality control.

So for the sake of promoting my works and the protecting the true dharma, there is a necessity for `collective management`, which will aid the dissemination of the books. Only this way can we save many sentient beings, and in this way, my works will not be dispersed like sand scattered from a dish.

Now, I suggest and hope that all volunteer disciples will comply with the following:

Please hand all translated works to True Buddha Foundation and let them help to plan and arrange for the publishing of the works. Translators can contact and inform the True Buddha Foundation.

This notice is necessary. Though translation and publication are worldly matters, this concerns the promotion of the correct dharma as well as its growth and development. What`s more, I myself am the author, thus I should be able to control these issues.

0 Comment:

Post a Comment