Loading...

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mayang Schreiber, VP of Indopacific Edelman and Closet Jakarta Lover

It’s Mayang Schreiber’s job to not mention her job. Her profession revolves around talking regarding different people’s jobs, their business and what image they require to project to the general public. raise her intimate details regarding what she will throughout workplace hours and like anyone well trained within the art of public relations and communications —or karate sensei—she swiftly turns the conversation on its head, leads it slowly faraway from her, throws during a smile and a heat dash of charm, and also the person on the opposite aspect of the conversation is left blissfully wondering what question he even asked within the initial place.

But nowadays we tend to raise the queries and fortuitously, Mayang is glad to answer — simply farewell as they need to try and do along with her and her relationship with Jakarta.

You’ve lived everywhere the planet, places like London and Brisbane, however within the u.  s., you ended up in Kansas. What was it prefer to live in small-town America?

I lived there back in ’92. does one keep in mind ‘Beverly Hills 90210’? I got there and thought, ‘This is therefore not like Brandon and Brenda.’ i used to be sitting there during a city of three,000 folks and lots of funny things happened, like i might tell them that I lived in trees and that they would believe me. they'd inquire from me, ‘How does one rise up and down?’ and I’d say, ‘Escalators.’ however it had been fun. I still keep in-tuned with a number of them, particularly my host family.

You could live anywhere within the world, therefore what keeps you in Jakarta?

I’ve lived in four countries over the past ten years and that i can’t ever very place my finger on it, however one thing is missing when I’m not here. I will speak English and create friends abroad. I mean, after I was in Brisbane I created some nice friends and that i still return once each quarter, however I don’t grasp. There’s one thing regarding Jakarta.

You said there’s simply ‘something regarding Jakarta.’ How does one describe the massive Durian to your friends overseas?

I sometimes tell them that Jakarta is somewhere in between the big apple town and Sydney. Fab nightlife and native delicacies to die for.

Do you do abundant traveling within Indonesia?

Back in 2006, i used to be in Paris, in front of the Eiffel Tower, and that i was wanting up at it and that i was like, ‘So, this is often it?’ I mean, I saw it which was nice, however there's most to check in Indonesia. therefore from then on I even have created it a priority to try and do a lot of domestic travel. The last place i used to be in was Ubud, where I did some dune-buggy riding and white-water rafting on the Ayung River. So yeah, i select to be here.

What’s a typical weekend in Jakarta like for you?

A typical weekend: i might begin my Saturday by going at 5:30 or vi a.m. to urge flowers in Kemang, near the Hero on Kemang Selatan. Then i might have breakfast at Antipodean or at home or at the yankee Club. And then then, my son and that i would go horseback riding in Cinere, at Arthayasa Stables. then we’d sometimes attend my mom’s and keep the night. Then we'd awaken on Sunday morning and attend Pasar BSD. It’s a market, however it’s lots cleaner than different ancient markets. There I will eat cakwe, siomay, mie or pempek and, if I still had space, pangsit. Around lunchtime we'd return to where we tend to live and choose a swim. i might sometimes have friends over and cook dinner for everybody. i favor to look at movies too, however there’s nothing taking part in here.

Are you one in all the growing range of Indonesians traveling to Singapore to catch an honest movie?

I visited Singapore to check the new ‘X-Men’ with my son. however i might prefer to categorical how unhappy it's to travel to Singapore to check a movie.

But you probably did it.

I know. however we've terribly restricted entertainment here. And to require that faraway from Indonesian folks for a few tax reasons that are happening for years … there’s need to be one thing, I don’t grasp.

So why not simply go support Indonesian culture and go see wayang?

One, I don’t grasp where to seek out it. And two, I’m not very interested, to be honest. Personally, what i really like most is eating and sleeping and traveling.

You said you like eating, sleeping and traveling. Are there any Indonesian favorites you regress from — durian, pete, jengkol?

I like all 3 in terribly little dosages.

 

Mayang Schreiber was talking to Zack Petersen.

0 Comment:

Post a Comment